DAY 1: Cusco-Cloud Forest
Leaving Cusco early in the morning, we begin an 8-hour journey over the Andes by bus, stopping for breakfast at the beautiful colonial village of Paucartambo. Continuing, we climb to the highpoint of the Manu Biosphere at about 4000 m before descending to the cloud forest. In these mysterious surroundings we walk to the lek of the incredible Cock-of-the-Rock, to see the ‘performance’ of the males right under our eyes. We spend the night in the rustic lodge Posada San Pedro (appr. 1,600 m).
DAY 2: Lowland Forest
At daybreak we continue by bus to tropical lowland rainforest. Here at the small village Atalaya at 650 m, we change into a motorized canoe to navigate some 40 minutes down the fast Alto Madre de Dios River until we arrive at one of the very few lakes on the Alto Madre de Dios River. You can go around on small traditional balsa rafts and admire the enormous rainforest variety of birds. Usally the water is clean enough to be able to see many tropical fish, and it is common to see monkeys in the trees around the lake. In the late afternoon we boat back up the Alto Madre de Dios River to Atalaya.Along the way back to the cloud forest by bus, we stop at an orchid garden, set up with much care and enthusiasm by a local resident. The night is spent again at Posada San Pedro.
DAY 3: Cloud forest - Cusco
Early in the morning we have another walk through the forest; as always it is teeming with life and by now many birds, monkeys, insects, trees and plants are familiar to us. We walk until our car picks us up to take us to Cusco, where we arrive in the late afternoon.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR ALL TOURS
- Bearing in mind the uncontrollable forces of nature, the program could be subject to changes at any time
- Manu is a rainforest that has remained intact because of it hidden location. This means the program involves much traveling by bus and boat (for 5-day tour). However, it also means you are in a part of the Amazon rainforest that has no comparison, with an untouched flora and fauna!
- Every group can contain people who travel for 3, 5, 7 or 9 days
INFORMATION TOURS TO MANU 2019
- Personal expenses
FIXED DEPARTURE DATES 3-DAYS 2019 (LEAVING ON FRIDAYS)
- January 04 – 11 – 18 - 25
- February 01 – 08 – 15 - 22
- March 01 – 08 – 15 - 22 - 29
- April 05 – 12 - 19- 26
- May 03 – 10 – 17 – 24 - 31
- June 07 – 14 - 21 - 28
- July 05 - 12 - 19 - 26
- August 02 – 09 – 16 – 23 - 30
- September 06 – 13 - 20 - 27
- October 04 – 11 – 18 – 25
- November 01 – 08 – 15 - 22 - 29
- December 06 – 13 - 20 - 27